Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Welcome to Kz Runner!

 Welcome to my first post on my little corner of the interwebs! I plan on using this as a "diary" of sorts. You see, I am running my first marathon on November 7! I just started a training plan written by my coach Lynnae Yates ( http://www.lmyhealth.com/ ) and am ready to rock this thing!

 So far, I have had four running workouts, and had 1 cross-training day. The first day was an easy 3 miles, with strides at the end. Saturday gave me my first long run of 5 miles. It was the slowest I think I've ever ran, but I do know it isn't about speed, it's about time on my feet.

 I cross-trained on Sunday, and probably over-did it! I did the original Iron Strength Workout that Runner's World is selling now. Followed by 30 minutes on the bike!

 On Monday, I had my first track workout, except I couldn't use the track!  Let me back up about 12 hours. We had a bad storm come through, and it was still raining pretty hard in the morning, which is when I usually run. I decided to go to the track after work, and use the ~ 1 mile there as a warm-up. When I got there, the football team was at the practice field inside the track. So, I decided to use the roads for my speed work. It worked well, except my recoveries were weird because of roads/not wanting to start sprinting at a cross-roads. I did get it done, and actually did an extra interval. Over-achiever I am not, and kicked myself for not counting better.

 Today, I had 3 miles on the schedule, with the middle mile at 5k race pace. I actually ran it 24 seconds faster than I intended! That mile was sandwiched in between a warm-up and cool-down mile.

 Tonight, I am going to get some extra cross-training in by working in the garden!

Happy Running!




No comments:

Post a Comment