Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Training Tuesday

 Hi there! I've decided that I will try post my workouts at least on Tuesdays, hence the blog title! Since my last post, I've had 3 workouts, all running. I took a rest day on Thursday. On Friday, I ran 3 miles plus 7 strides. This is my second time doing strides, and I think I like them!

Total run - 3.95 miles

On Saturday, I had my long run of 6 miles. I decided Friday night before I went to bed that I would just let myself wake up and turn my 4 a.m. alarm off. Boy do I regret that! I left around 8 a.m., and it was already hot and humid! I struggled through most of my run, walked some, stopped for a bottle of water at my aunt's and ran an errand (literally!). All in all, the 6 miles took me 1:24:22. My moving time was a little more respectable 1:16:42. Still slow, but it's not about speed for the Saturday runs, and it was a hot and humid run!

Instead of cross-training this week, I took another rest day on Sunday. I had issues with a migraine and sickness after we went out for dinner Saturday night, and just wanted to take a day off. I felt fine, just lazy.

On Monday, I had a track workout of 3 X 400 with a 1:2 rest, 1 mile w/u, 1 mile c/d. It was muggy again, although overcast. I took my warm-up seriously with a 12:31. My 400's were 1:48, 1:52, 2:05. I need to do better at not going all out on the first one, so that I can have more even splits. I will work on that next week.

Total run - 3.44 miles

Total Monumental mileage - 28.24

I have a similar schedule coming in the next week. Then, a dreaded hill workout the week after! I am NOT looking forward to that week! I will just take it one workout at a time!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment