Sunday, March 13, 2016

A quick update and I'm sorry!!!

Well hello there! Guess who's back? Back again (cue the Eminem).

I apologize for just abruptly stopping my blog posts! I got so wrapped up in training and work. Most people still kept up with me on Facebook, and I updated there often.

I finished my first marathon!!! I ran Indy Monumental on November 7th. My time was 5:21:23. What was more important was that I AM A MARATHONER! Only 0.5% of Americans can say that.

I will keep it brief and try to write another post on the race. I had a great first half. Fastest half marathon. Oops. I felt rough starting about mile 18 and fell apart around 22. I run/walked the rest of the race. I did manage to get enough strength to run the last half mile. Chris said I looked a lot better than most that were coming through ha ha. I was so excited that I was almost done!


He could have told me to turn my medal around

I had a surprise phone call from my dad, who had driven to Indy to surprise me! Thanks Dad! It was great having you there!!!

I decided that until I can get some speed, I am going to take a break from the 26.2 distance. I spent A LOT of time training this summer/fall. And spent lots of hours on the roads. I woke up at zero dark thirty on Saturday mornings to try to beat the heat. I ran most of my runs before work for the same reason. While I love running in the mornings, I also like to sleep!

Currently

I am currently training for my 2nd half marathon, Races for all Paces. I guess that means I need to update you on the 1st half marathon! Another day, another post. Gosh I am behind! I will be running a few local races here and there, including Lake Sara Dam run 8 mile run in April. 

I have also signed up for Rock N Roll St. Louis half marathon. I am contemplating running the 5k the day before. One to get in an easy shakeout run the day before, the second reason is for 2 more medals! If you complete the "Remix Challenge" you get a separate medal from the 5k medal. 

I am also looking at Rock N Roll Chicago in July. Chris and I haven't decided on that yet.

I wanted to keep this brief, and mainly say hi! I will try to write a few race recaps and keep you updated on my training. I felt bad making my Facebook friends see my running pics every day. But it was easier than trying to write a whole post here.

For the meantime, see you on the roads!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment